Hamdon Energy Solutions supplies thermal submetering systems that are used to measure heat generation or heat recovery and cooling systems.
Hamdon utilizes thermal meter systems from leading North American and European meter manufacturers, including GWF and Onicon. All help achieve similar goals including long-term financial stability and profitability, environmental considerations and rate stabilization for customers. Although district energy technology is not new, the understanding of it from a consumer perspective is. Needed now is expertise and transparency to a new customer-facing tactic by utilities.
Hamdon’s thermal meter systems are used for key load management or residential heating/cooling applications. We provide stand-alone meters or complete metering systems. Hamdon will supply the flow meters, temperature sensors, and thermal calculators, along with any necessary connection pieces.
Stand-Alone Thermal Meters
Hamdon will assist in specifying and supplying the correct thermal meter for integration into your BAS or EMS. We supply all sizes of in-line and insertion meters.
Complete Thermal Submetering Systems
Hamdon will design and deploy an automated thermal meter system on an M-Bus communications network using GWF Thermal Metering Technology. The meters will comply with the thermal metering standard EN-1434 to ensure all meter reads are accurate and reliable.
ONICON THERMAL METER
Hamdon utilizes the Onicon line of insertion thermal meter products for retrofit applications where system shutdowns are not possible. The System-10 BTU meter system offers good accuracy, easy installation and multiple communications options, including BACnet IP and BACnet MS/TP.
GFW THERMAL (BTU) METERS
Hamdon utilizes the GWF line of thermal (BTU) meters for residential, commercial and institutional applications. Manufactured in Germany, these meters meet the highest international standards for accuracy and reliability, including EN 1434, which will set the standard for thermal metering in Canada over the next few years. The meters communicate and are powered over an M-Bus 2-wire network, which reduces installation costs and improves meter data integrity.
- German made: quality products provide longer meter life and improved accuracy.
- High Accuracy so utility costs are recovered: GWF Thermal solutions meet MID EN 1434.
- M-Bus communications standard provides absolute meter readings.
- Power-over-M-Bus saves installation costs.
- UltraMaxxV residential meter is compact, including an integrated ultrasonic flow meter, temperature sensor and calculator.
- UltraMaxxV is ideal for installations in the fan coil unit or heat pump.
- Ultrasonic flow meter: no moving parts to get blocked; very accurate.
- CF-51 and CF-55 commercial models can be adapted to any size pipe (both in-line and insertion meters).
- “Combined Meter” – meter can measure both heating and cooling.
- Extensive programming of all factors done at factory (K factors to be programmed on meter or software).
- Flexible mounting options – easy to install in fan coil/heat pump factory or retrofit at site.